July 15, 2007
The Professor Messer Webinar Series - Nmap Summer School
The Professor Messer webinar series continues with our online Nmap Summer School web conference. This live webinar is scheduled for Thursday, July 19 at 9 PM Eastern Time, and everyone is invited!
In this month’s webinar, we’ll show you how to optimize your Nmap scans, interpret the technical scan result details, and learn techniques that will help you determine if someone else is scanning your network.
Here are some of the topics we’ll cover in this webinar:
- Supercharging your Nmap scans - One simple command line option can change your scan from super-slow to lightning-fast! I’ll show you how to speed up your Nmap reconnaissance.
- Are you missing some critical intelligence? I’ll step through Nmap’s output and show you some important information that will help you find vulnerabilities.
- Nmap Best Practices - If you’re not taking advantage of my best-practice tips, then you’re not getting the most out of your Nmap scans.
- Is someone running a port scanner on your network? Don’t count on your IPS or IDS to find every bad guy. I’ll show you some visualization techniques that will help you identify those mysterious network traffic patterns.
- Deconstructing an Idlescan - Learn how this ninja-scan can get you through the toughest firewall rules, and find out how to identify potential zombie stations prior to scanning.
One lucky online webinar attendee will win a copy of our ebook, “Secrets of Network Cartography: A Comprehensive Guide to Nmap,” as well as an online archive of all other webinar replays. Remember, you have to be on the web portion of the conference to win!
Our webinars now offer voice conferencing through Skype at no cost, interactive voice Q&A options, and much more. You can now join us from anywhere around the world!
IMPORTANT: You won’t get the replay unless you sign up, so don’t miss this opportunity. Register now, and we’ll see you there!
Posted by james_messer at July 15, 2007 08:51 PM